This section will help you to install the Collaboration plugin on your WordPress site.
Collaboration has a few system requirements. Of course, modern hosting satisfies all of these requirements, so it's highly recommended that you use modern hosting to run the Collaboration.
You will need to make sure your server meets the following requirements:
- PHP 7.4+
- WordPress 5.6+
Step. 1: Install the plugin
You can easily install the Collaboration plugin by uploading a zip archive of the plugin from your local computer through the Plugins admin screen.
If you have any issues or confusion about how on installing a plugin, WordPress has a comprehensive guide on how to install a plugin that will help you out.
Once installed, you can activate the plugin by clicking on the "Activate" link in the Plugins admin screen.
Step. 2: Using Pusher Channel service
The Collaboration plugin uses the Pusher Channel service on its core, allowing it to achieve real-time experience in economic and easy to setup.
To enable the real-time feature, you need a Pusher Channel App Keys.
- Go to the Pusher Channel website and create a new App.
- Click on the "Create App" button.
- Enter a name for your App and the cluster that you want to use.
- Click on the "Create app" button.
- Navigate to the "App Settings" tab and tick the "Enable client events" checkbox.
- Navigate to the "App Keys" tab and save the detail.
- On your WordPress site, use the detail to fill the form on the Collaboration plugin setting page.
You can reuse the Pusher Channel App Keys on multiple WordPress installations.
On cloning/staging site, reset the Site GUID from the plugin setting page.
By now, your Oxygen editor should have synced data across multiple tabs and browsers.